Fall Athletics Postponed
The College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin (CCIW) has postponed all fall athletics conference competition and championships. As a result, North Central will not participate in intercollegiate athletics in the sports of cross country, football, golf, soccer, tennis, triathlon or women’s volleyball this fall.
Coaching staffs of affected sports will communicate with their athletes regarding additional competitive and training opportunities. These athletes will not be charged with using a season of participation, per the blanket waiver that has been approved by the Division III Administrative Committee.
The CCIW Council of Presidents has charged CCIW staff with developing competition opportunities for the sports of cross country, football, soccer and volleyball in the spring, while maintaining conference competition for all spring sports including golf and tennis. USA Triathlon (USAT), which administers the National Collegiate Championship for women’s triathlon, is evaluating options for a possible spring season.
The CCIW has pushed back the start of winter sport competition until after January 1, 2021.
Visit northcentralcardinals.com for more information as it becomes available.
Questions can be directed to the College’s athletics department by at email@example.com or 630-637-5500.
Fitness Center & Athletic Facilities
- The College has enhanced its facility cleaning protocols including regularly disinfecting high-touch surfaces
- The fitness center and other athletics facilities such as Res/Rec, Merner Field House and Benedetti-Wherli Stadium will be accessible via keycard access
- Face coverings are required while using indoor facilities
- Prior to entry, temperatures will be taken at the Res/Rec Fitness Center, and at the Merner Field House Gregory Arena and weight room; anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry and directed to seek medical services
- Exercise and fitness equipment has been spaced to reduce capacity and allow for physical distancing
- Priority access to athletics facilities will be given to sports teams engaged in organized practice and training activities
- Athletics facility schedules will be posted at the entry of each facility as well as online at northcentralcollege.edu/sites/campus-safety/SitePageModern/14852/building-hours
Fitness Center & Athletic Facilities Hours
Campus Events & Meetings
The following guidelines are in place for all campus events and meetings until further notice.
Meetings should be held in whole or in part using electronic collaboration tools (e.g. Microsoft Teams) as much as possible even when space is available.
For Event Approvers, the following restrictions are required of all event inquiries and must be made apparent to the Event Requestor before any event requests are approved.
- For indoor and outdoor venues, the limits of event occupation/attendance shall not exceed 10 people, and the requested space shall accommodate a social distancing provision of 6-feet per-person. All attendees must wear face coverings and practice physical distancing.
- Open campus spaces without designated occupancy limits shall maintain a 10-person limit.
- Events cannot exceed established building hours of 7 a.m. – 9 p.m., with the exception of Wentz Science Center and Wentz Concert Hall, where are accessible from 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- All individuals should self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending a meeting or event. Should symptoms be present, individuals should stay home and follow-up with the appropriate medical precautions.
- Food and beverage service at events is discouraged. However, if an event was approved to provide pre-packaged food and drink, it must be served and to go at the end of your event and consumed elsewhere. No buffet style or served meals are permitted.
- Event planners are responsible for enforcement of the policies stated above.
- Singing/vocal events are not allowed until further notice.
- The Dixon property and Smith House are currently off-line for events and meetings until further notice.
- Stevenson Hall, located in the Wentz Science Center, is reserved for College-related academic purposes only.
- Classroom spaces are restricted until further notice for College-related academic purposes or College-sponsored student activities.
Outdoor Campus Events
In an effort to encourage safe outdoor gatherings, the College has created new outdoor event guidelines. The guidelines cover the process and protocols for any student organization or campus department/group that would like to host an outdoor event on campus. Appropriate campus space approvers will provide an accompanying checklist for anyone hosting an event in these spaces. Download the document below for more details about the College’s outdoor event guidelines.
Fine & Performing Arts Events
All 2020-2021 season performances and gallery events currently scheduled through December 31, 2020 have been canceled or postponed due to the ongoing public health crisis. The College will update patrons regarding the remainder of the 2020-2021 season and any further changes.
Thank you for understanding that the College’s goal is to prioritize the safety and well-being of our entire campus community, our patrons, and our guests.
The box office will contact all patrons who retained their tickets to previously rescheduled 2019-2020 events. Please contact the box office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.