Protocols for Positive Cases
Upon notification of a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, the College will focus its response on the following areas:
Isolation and quarantine
To ensure that the College can take the appropriate steps and provide the necessary support and resources to members of the campus community, the College expects that as soon as a member of the campus community becomes aware that they have a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, or that they have been directly exposed to someone with COVID-19, that they (or a designee) complete the College’s COVID-19 Reporting Form.
The information gathered will assist the College and public health officials with monitoring cases occurring among the campus community and taking necessary actions. Those actions include:
- A campus contact tracer and case manager will notify DuPage County Health Department (DCHD) of confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19.
- The College will work to notify individuals or groups who were in physical or close contact with confirmed or probable COVID-19 cases and to provide those individuals with public health recommendations that may include isolation, quarantine and/or self-monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms.
- The College will notify the school, department, office, class and/or larger campus community of confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19 as warranted from a public health and safety perspective.
If a member of the campus community reports a positive COVID-19 test, a North Central College contact tracer and case manager will, in collaboration with the DuPage County Health Department, work with the ill individual to identify and notify potential contacts.
Contacts will be informed to do the following:
- Physical Contacts—those who had physical contact with the ill individual—will be instructed to get tested and to quarantine (depending on vaccination status)
- Close Contacts—those who were within less than 6 feet of the ill individual for more than 15 minutes—will be instructed to get tested and to quarantine (depending on vaccination status)
Campus contact tracers and case managers will remain in touch with individuals who are in isolation or quarantine until they are cleared by a medical professional to return to campus.
Isolation and Quarantine
If, in consultation with the Dyson Wellness Center and DuPage County Health Department, a member of the campus community is instructed to isolate or quarantine due to a COVID-19 diagnosis, symptoms or exposure, they will be asked to do so at home for the designated timeframe.
An assigned campus contact tracer and case manager will follow up with members of the campus community throughout their isolation or quarantine period. Campus community members cannot return to campus until cleared by their contact tracer and case manager.