August 5th, 2022
Dear Cardinal Community,
The State of Illinois recently updated an executive order pertaining to COVID-19 vaccine mandates. College and university students, faculty and staff are no longer required by the state to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required by the state to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
The College will no longer require campus community members to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status, and weekly COVID-19 testing will no longer be required for students, faculty and staff who are not fully vaccinated. It remains an expectation for all campus community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including the requisite number of booster shots for those who are eligible.
The College’s Dyson Wellness Center (DWC) will continue to provide care. As a reminder, face masks are required to be worn within the wellness center. DWC hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. For questions or to request an appointment, call 630-637-5550 or email email@example.com. Additional physical and mental health resources can be found here.
Additional health and safety reminders:
- North Central College is a mask-friendly environment. Students, faculty and staff are welcome to wear a mask in any setting if they choose, and wearing a mask should not be considered an indication of an individual’s vaccination or health status.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should continue to report their positive cases to the College using the College’s COVID-19 Reporting Form.
- Students, faculty and staff are expected to stay home when not feeling well and to follow quarantine and isolation guidance as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Members of the campus community are responsible for being proactive in their communication with others (i.e. students communicating with faculty; faculty communicating with students/department chairs; staff communicating with managers) if they cannot attend class or be on campus in-person for any length of time.
- Student-athletes are not subject to any additional COVID-19-related testing requirements at this time.
The College’s Institutional Response Team continues to monitor the COVID-19 landscape across the state and within our region, and will update the College’s health and safety protocols as necessary.
Dr. Peter Barger
Associate Provost, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning Co-Chair, COVID-19 Institutional Response Team
Michael Hudson Vice President for Operations Co-Chair, COVID-19 Institutional Response Team