July 29, 2021
As part of the College’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic and as the academic year approaches, we are writing to remind you of the actions you must take before returning to campus for fall semester.
All students are required to take one of the following actions prior to returning to campus:
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test
North Central College strongly encourages all eligible members of the campus community to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccines are readily available and highly effective in minimizing the risk of COVID-19 infection and transmission.
For those who are not vaccinated or who do not submit proof of full vaccination: In addition to submitting proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning to campus, you will be required to participate in the College’s COVID-19 testing* throughout the semester, or until submitting proof of full vaccination; and quarantine if determined to be a close contact of someone who tests positive for COVID-19 or is exhibiting symptoms.
*A detailed message will be sent in the coming days from CovidIRT@noctrl.edu with information about registering for the College’s fall semester COVID-19 testing.
SUBMITTING PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION
The College requests that fully vaccinated students—including first-year, returning, and transfer students—submit official documentation of their receipt of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson)
by Monday, August 9.
What to submit:
- A JPG or PDF file of a vaccine card; or
- A completed medical form from a health care provider.
- Acceptable documentation must include vaccine recipient’s name, the specific vaccine administered, and the date(s) of vaccination must be clearly visible in order to be accepted.
How to submit:
- Proof of vaccination can be provided using the Dyson Wellness Center’s immunization form, which can be accessed here. (Log on to The Hub using your North Central College credentials to access the form).
- Students may also provide an official immunization form from their health care provider, or a digital image/photograph of their official vaccine card.
- Consistent with how the College receives other student vaccine records, documentation can be submitted by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Fax to the Dyson Wellness Center at 630-637-5554;
- Mail to North Central College, ATTN: Dyson Wellness Center, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If choosing to send immunization records via email, the sender understands that electronic mail is not a secure form of communication. The College is not responsible for any compromised information. The information in said email communication is to be viewed only by the intended recipient and may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise protected by law.
SUBMITTING PROOF OF NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST
Requirements for submitting proof of a negative test result include:
- The test result must be from a test taken no more than seven (7) days prior to a student’s arrival to campus, or to the start of the academic semester (whichever comes first).
- Note that fall semester begins on Wednesday, August 25.
- The test result must be submitted to the College at least 48 hours prior to a student’s arrival to campus.
- Acceptable test results include those received from an FDA- or EUA-approved molecular/PCR or rapid antigen test.
- Negative test results should be submitted via email in the form of a PDF of the complete results to email@example.com.
- Students will receive an email response from firstname.lastname@example.org only in the event that there are issues or concerns with their submission.
On-Campus COVID-19 Testing
The College will provide the following opportunities for on-campus COVID-19 testing prior to the start of fall semester. Students who test on campus will not be required to submit proof of their negative test result as results will automatically be recorded within the College’s testing system.
- Testing location: New Hall – Multipurpose Room
- Testing dates and times:
- Wednesday through Friday, August 11-13, 7-10 a.m.
- Monday through Friday, August 16-20, 7-10 a.m.
- Monday, August 23, 7-10 a.m.
Please note: Students who choose to take advantage of on-campus testing cannot come to campus prior to their scheduled test and cannot stay on campus while awaiting their test result. Students must return home until they are able to provide proof of a negative test result.
We wish you good health and are looking forward to seeing you soon on campus.
Dr. Peter Barger
Associate Provost, Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
Co-Chair, COVID-19 Institutional Response Team
Vice President for Operations
Co-Chair, COVID-19 Institutional Response Team