January 7, 2020
As a follow up to the recent message from the Institutional Response Team regarding the College’s spring semester COVID-19 testing plans, we are writing to provide additional information about the requirement that all students—both resident and commuter, as well as graduate students—provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result prior to returning to campus for the spring 2021 semester.
Submitting Your Negative Test Result
Upon obtaining your negative test result, please submit it to the College via the link below or by going to the Negative Test Requirement page on the COVID-19 website. You will need to access the negative test submission form by logging in with your North Central College credentials.
Negative COVID-19 test results requirements are as follows:
- Test results must be from a test taken no more than seven (7) days prior to your arrival to campus or to the start of the semester (whichever comes first). Spring semester begins for undergraduate students on January 25 and for graduate students on January 11.
- Test results must be submitted to the College in the form of a PDF or JPG file at least 48 hours prior to your arrival to campus.
- Acceptable test results include those received from an FDA- or EUA-approved molecular/PCR or rapid antigen test.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days and have provided the necessary documentation via the College’s COVID-19 Reporting Form, you do not need to submit a negative test result. The College has documentation on file and no further action is necessary.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days and have not yet notified the College, please submit documentation of your positive test via the COVID-19 Reporting Form.
On-Campus Testing Opportunities
Prior to the start of spring semester, for students who are experiencing difficulty obtaining a COVID-19 test, the College will provide on-campus testing opportunities. Testing dates and locations are as follows:
Graduate Students Testing Date
- January 8, 6 – 10 a.m., Stevenson Hall (2nd floor of the Wentz Science Center, 131 S. Loomis St.)
Undergraduate Commuter and Resident Student Testing Dates
- January 19, 6 a.m. – 4 p.m., Health Sciences and Engineering Building (160 E. Chicago Ave.)
- January 20, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Health Sciences and Engineering Building (160 E. Chicago Ave.)
- January 21, 6 a.m. – 4 p.m., Health Sciences and Engineering Building (160 E. Chicago Ave.)
- January 22, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Health Sciences and Engineering Building (160 E. Chicago Ave.)
If you choose to take advantage of the on-campus testing, please note that you cannot come to campus prior to your scheduled test and you cannot stay on campus while awaiting your test result.
Scheduling Your COVID-19 Test
In order to take advantage of the College’s COVID-19 testing, you must sign up in advance using your MySHIELDIllinois patient account. Instructions for creating your MySHIELDIllinois account have been sent to your North Central email address from SHIELDIllinois (via the email address email@example.com).
Make sure that you schedule your appointment for a day and time that falls within the College’s testing schedule listed above and here, as available appointment times within the MySHIELDIllinois patient portal do not necessarily reflect the College’s specific testing site hours.
You can visit the COVID-19 website and Testing FAQ page for more information about the College’s negative COVID-19 test requirement, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Thank you for taking part in this important measure to help ensure a safe and successful start to the upcoming semester. We look forward to seeing you on campus soon!
The Office of Student Affairs